- Volunteers get the first pick of all Twice as Nice merchandise, the best bargains, and crowd-free shopping during the Volunteer Only Pre-Sale!
- Help with set-up, check-out, greeting, organizing, sorting, and/or clean-up.
- Sign up for one volunteer shift and shop during the exclusive Volunteer Only Pre-Sale Wednesday night at 6 pm, before the consignors and the public.
- Sign up for three or more shifts to become a Super Volunteer and shop Wednesday night at 5 pm before anyone else. Sorters and super volunteers also shop the 50% off sale one day before the public on Friday from 4-8 pm!!
- Volunteers make Twice as Nice successful.
Before the Sale
- Deliver promotional flyers to area childcare centers, preschools, churches, schools, and after-school programs.
- Set up clothes racks, tables, and shelving.
- Welcome consignors during drop-off.
- Assist consignors as they place and display their items on the sales floor.
- Organize merchandise and prepare the sales floor for the sale opening.
During the Sale
- Welcome shoppers, answer questions, and direct customers.
- Help keep the sales floor clean and organized.
- Return misplaced merchandise to the correct department.
- Hold a publicity sign outside during public sale hours.
- Assist shoppers during the check-out process.
After the Sale
- Sort unsold clothes, toys, and equipment.
- Disassemble clothes racks, tables, and shelving.
- Load store display equipment into vehicles.
- Unload store display equipment into storage.
- Assist consignors during unsold merchandise pick-up time.
- Help clean the facility.
Visit the Twice as Nice Homeschool Corner page for specific information about volunteering in the homeschool section. Contact the Twice as Nice Homeschool Corner coordinator, Cheri McDonald, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Donate photocopy and printing services and/or paper.
- Provide a gift certificate for your family-friendly business.
- Donate merchandise or services from your family-friendly business for promotional raffles.
- If you have other ideas to barter services for a pre-sale pass, send us an e-mail and tell us all about it.
- Pursue press coverage (television, newspaper, radio) for the Twice as Nice Sale.
- Make phone calls to recruit volunteers for shifts with insufficient coverage.
- Promote the Twice as Nice Kids Consignment Sale via Facebook, e-mail, Twitter, or your blog during the four-week period preceding the sale.
- Do you have a creative publicity idea? Send us an e-mail and tell us about it.
- Do you have a Facebook Fan page? If so, list Twice as Nice among your "Favorite Pages," and we’ll return the favor. Be sure to let us know!
- Promote your business during the Twice as Nice Sale by partnering with us as an official sponsor. Contact us for more information.
- Thank you for leaving your children at home during your volunteer shift.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your shift begins for instructions.
- Work one three-hour volunteer shift to be eligible to attend the private pre-sale.
- Work three or more three-hour shifts to enjoy the benefits of the Super Volunteer Pre-Sale.
- We sincerely appreciate your time, so we make every effort to assign you tasks with which you are comfortable. Inform us of any concerns you may have.
- Moms, dads, and grandparents are invited to volunteer. We particularly need men during set-up and break-down, as some heavy lifting is involved.
- Wear casual clothing and comfortable shoes.
- If you discover a conflict during your scheduled volunteer shift, find a substitute by asking a friend or family member to work in your place.
- If you need to reschedule your volunteer time and if the sale has not yet started, you may make the change online using your Undo code that you set when you registered.
- Once the sale has started, if you have an emergency and cannot volunteer during your designated volunteer shift, please call Bridget directly at (919) 249-TOTS (8687).
- The success of Twice as Nice can be attributed to the extraordinary team of volunteers who give of their time and energy. You make the event run smoothly. Thank you for joining us as a volunteer.
Volunteering is fun, and you meet other people. Volunteers enjoy less crowded shopping, lighter checkout lines, and first pick of the bargains.